Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Changito Birthday!


Recently my 18 year old son, asked me to make a birthday card for one of the kids on his soccer team.  After showing him and his friend several stamps, they finally settled on Changito.  These little monkey's are so cute and are so easy to color.

I started out by stamping the Changito birthday image twice on white card stock and coloring with Prismacolor markers.  Before layering, I stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue card stock around the edges then layered onto pumpkin pie & old olive card stock.  Using some Die Cuts With A View Safari Mat Stack designer papers, I cut a strip of one paper to make a "ribbon", distressed the edges and tied some Adornment green fibers I had from my stash.  After cutting out the second Changito image, I popped those pieces up on dimensionals and mini pop dots.  It was then I suddenly remembered that I had some DCWV Safari brads I had found on clearance last year at Michael's and a couple of button stickers from Target that would also match.

Here's a close up of the main image with all of it's embellishments.

Once I had the front done, it was time to deal with the inside.  I mean, a birthday card needs more stamping.  Right?  So taking my Changito Jungle set, I stamped the vine, leaves, and image before coloring the monkeys with Stampin Up! markers.  Pulling a balloon brad from my stash, I cut the prongs off and attached it with dimensionals since I just ran out of pop up glue dots.  Grrrr!  (Note to self, get those fast!)

I had forgotten how much fun it is to work with these Changito stamps. Thanks so much for stopping by again.  Have a great Tuesday!!






Stamps: Stampendous Changito Birthday, Changito Jungle Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Artichoke, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Green Galore
Card Stock: DCWV Safari Mat Stack, White, Stampin Up! Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stampin Up! Markers, Stipple Brush, Adornment Fibers, DCWV Safari Brads, Balloon Brads, Dimensionals, Stampin Up! Distressing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment