Thursday, November 18, 2010

November Blast From The Past!



It's that time of the month again - Taylored Expressions Blast From The Past blog hop.  I'm thrilled to be able to participate this month after being gone for several thanks to health/severe migraine issues.  As it is, I made both of my entries on migraine meds.

This month's theme is Autumn/Thankful, so I pulled out three sets that I thought would match the theme. 

I started out by stamping the flowers/grass from Discover Your Wings in varying shades of memento ink on MFT creme perfect panels before lightly stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink over the main image.  Once everything was layered, I added some brushed copper brads and ribbon to the card before stamping the saying from Beary Special Accessories.  The saying was then punched out with Stampin Up! oval punches and popped up on dimensionals.

For my second card, I used Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates stamping in varying shades of memento ink on MFT creme perfect panels and stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink to fill in the white spots then popping up the owl and squirrel.  Since I wanted the twill ribbon to match, I stippled Stampin Up! pumpkin pie dye ink over both sides of the ribbon before tying it in a knot.


Once the knot was tied, I popped up the entire panel over the dyed twill with pop dots.  Here's a side view of the popped up owl and squirrel.

For the inside of the card, I pulled out some of my vintage primas and layered them over the twill on the right before stamping the saying onto the left side in memento tuxedo black ink.

If you want to see more eye candy, please visit all of the hoppers blogs listed below.  Have a great day!





Stamps: Taylored Expressions Discover Your Wings, Beary Special Accessories, Branching Out, Branching Out Coordinates
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rubarb Stalk, Potters Clay, Rich Cocoa, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Stampin Up! Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock: MFT Creme Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Really Rust,DCWV Fall Matt Stack, Debbie Mum Autumn Matt Stack, Stampin Up! Old Olive 
Accessories: Brushed Copper Brads, Primas, Stipple Brush, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Stampin Up! Oval Punches, Twill Ribbon, MFT Ribbon, Glue Dots


11 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful, Bonnie....Such pretty flowers on the first and your tree on the second looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at these two gorgeous creations!!! They both have such a wonderful fall feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat cards and tons of great dimension.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job - so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty cards! I love the flower on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super fabulous cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fall cards--they are both so pretty!

    ReplyDelete