Saturday, October 9, 2010

Think Pink Sketching!


I finally have a MFT challenge done in a timely manner while dealing with my migraines at the same time.  Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I decided to make my sketch card dedicated to the cause.

I started out by taking MFT's set Chick Flick set and stamp it in memento tuxedo black in on MFT's White Perfect Panels and then color with prismacolor markers; making sure the clothing was done in different shades of pink.  After layering, I added some retired Chocolate Kiss baby brads and then stamped the tickets in memento black on white perfect panels again after sponging pixie pink ink around the edges. 

Instead of leaving the tickets alone after coloring, I took another retired MFT set "Think Pink", took one of the phrases, cut it up, and stamped it repeatedly on the tickets for a different look.  Although the "Think Pink" set is retired, you can still get the digital image here and then match it to your own phrases.

Using MFT's Jumbo Ric Rac Die-Namic, I cut out some chocolate chip scrap cardstock to set off the difference between the background paper I had found at Michael's last year, and the Chick Flick image.

For the inside of my card, I again combined the two sets (cutting apart one saying) to create my greeting; then stamped the ribbons on the side. 



Stamps: MFT Think Pink, Chick Flick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up  Pixie Pink
Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, Designer Paper
Accessories: Ribbon Punch, MFT Jumbo Ric Rac Die-namic, Gems, Sponge, Prismacolor Markers


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Bonnie! I really like the tickets...so cute! So sorry about your migraines! Mine have been cutting into my challenge playing lately too!

    ReplyDelete