Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mother Teresa





Happy Tuesday everyone.  Today's card features a phrase that a lot of us speak frequently and probably don't realize who we are quoting. 

" I know God will not give anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much". Mother Teresa

The phrase is part of the Mother Teresa stamp set offered by Our Daily Bread Designs stamps.  For me, this phrase carries extra meaning since I've been going through so much lately besides my migraines which I won't get into here. 

For my card, I was inspired by a previous Our Daily Bread challenge on SCS making sentiments the focal point of the card.   I also decided to use a color combo I don't normally use as well.  Pulling out, and dusting off,  Stampin Up! Boho Blossoms backgrounder then stamping in turquoise and again in orange, I finally added my die cut yellow piece with the Mother Teresa saying on it.   For the final touch, sponged primas, brads, and dew drops were added.


Stamps: Stampin Up! Boho Blossoms, Our Daily Bread Mother Teresa
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange
Ink: Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Memento Tuxedo Black, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: Primas, Bold Brights Brads, Glue Dots, Dew Drops, Top Note Die Cut

4 comments:

  1. Adore adore the color combo! So sunshiny yellow in a blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors, the beautiful design and that wonderful quote.. Love it all, Bonnie! So sorry about your migraines. My DMIL used to get them and she would be completely debilitated by them. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Bonnie! Love those colors and what a wonderful quote!

    ReplyDelete