Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardening Pixie


Second post for today.  I made this card for a friend who's daughter plays fast pitch softball.  Well, last weekend her team was called cheaters by a bunch of "moms" since the officials deemed one of their players too old for the competition and took some of their wins away.  So these girls battled from the bottom of their bracket back to the top, and some people didn't like it and they were still called names.  Poor sportsmanship on behalf of the parents if you ask me.  What kind of example as parents are they setting for their kids to act that?  Well, I wanted Hailey to know I was proud of her for her play, and for not responding to their bad attitude.

This sweet pixie is from CC Designs digital stamp I've had some time.  Once the printer ink had set, I colored her with my prismacolor markers and then stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges before layering and sponging around the edges.  I pulled two Martha Stewart punches out to create my border and butterflies before adding bling to the bodies and a rolled flower to the card.


Stamps: CC Designs Digital
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, White, Mauve Mist, Ballet Blue
Ink: Celery, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Glue Dots, Bling, Martha Stewart Punches, Making Memories Baby Brads

2 comments:

  1. Darling garden pixie...great butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the card and Thanks for making me tear up Bonnie!!! LOL LOVE what you wrote!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete