Monday, May 31, 2010

Fun In The Sun - MFT Guest Designer Challenge


This month's MFT Guest Designer challenge was an open HOT theme.  Well, I based my card on California's well known triple digit temperatures during the summer and wow can they be hot! 

I first stamped the Pure Innocence Beach Bum twice on MFT Perfect Panels in memento black and colored with Prismacolor markers.  Once I had my images colored and cut out, I took the scalloped, jumbo scallop and cloud MFT Die-namics to create my waves, sand and clouds sponging matching ink along the edges to define the cardstock a bit more.  For my beach "sand" I pulled out some cork "cardstock" I had found at Michael's a year or so ago and just never used, however, I knew I just had to have it at the time. ;)

Once I was totally done sponging around the edges of the card, I began assembling everything.  Using pop up glue dots, I added my little Beach Bum first, sponging some Stampin Up! pretty in pink dye ink around the edges of her skin to show the early signs of a sunburn.  After that came the sandcastle, shovel, bucket and seashells with ice stickles to highlight area where water should be "drying off". 

Here is a close up of my little beach bum playing in the sand. 

California get it's hot temperatures because of all of the sunshine we get during the summer, so I pulled out a Martha Stewart sunflower punch and turned my sunflower into a blazing HOT sun by punching through some Stampin Up! scrap summer sun cardstock twice, sponging with the same ink and then popping it up with a pop up glue dot.  Digging through my stash of stuff, I found some of those Making Memories page pebbles (remember those) that I just had to have again and added one to the center of my sun for a little extra dimension.  Another thing I discovered with my MFT cloud Die-namic is that the clouds are a great way to add phrases too.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my tour on the beach.  I also hope someone gets this little urchin some sunscreen soon too. 


Stamps:  MFT Beach Bum
Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Pointe, White, Summer Sun Scrap, Cork
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Pointe, Creamy Caramel, Versamark Cloud White
Accessories: Pop Up Glue Dots, Prismacolor Markers, Making Memories Page Pebbles, Ice Stickles, MFT Die-Namics, Micro Pop Dot, Glue Dot

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo sweet! Love your waves and cork beach! :)

    ReplyDelete