Monday, April 12, 2010

Vintage Traveling Sketch


Hello again. Sorry it's taken so long to post, but I've been dealing with another migraine thanks to some wonderful over-powerful perfume someone had on Thursday. However, even though I was in a darkened room and hurting, I was able to put together my take on this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I did mess up some coloring by going outside the lines a bit, but took care of that little issue by layering and lots of it. ;) Gotta love those pop dots!

I've had this MFT Miss You Much Jolinne stamp for awhile and it's just been begging to see some ink, and with a migraine, well I figured going with vintage colors would definitely help my headache.

So I pulled out some vintage postcard designer paper from Gartner designs I've had in my stash and inked up the edges with PTI vintage touch (chamomile & chai) inks to age the paper a bit then stamped my image twice on MFT's cream perfect panels before punching one image out using Marvy's giga scalloped punch then coloring both sets of images with prismacolor markers.

Once the coloring was done, I stained the edges of the scalloped circles the same as the card before I began my layering. It was then I realized I had gone outside the lines coloring my Jolinne's hair and had the brown bled into her face, so I had to stamp one more image, color, cut and layer. The third layer actually added a bit more to the overall feel of the card, so it worked out nicely.

As the A-Team used to say "I love it when a plan comes together." LOL



Stamps: MFT Miss You Much Jolinne
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Vintage Touch
Cardstock: Stampin Up! So Saffron, Close To Cocoa, MFT Cream Perfect Panels, Gartner Vintage Postcard Designer Paper
Accessories: Making Memories Button, Ribbon, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Dimensionals, Prismacolor Markers, Giga & Jumbo Giga Scallop Punches

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Bonnie...love all the dimension, and such a cute way to use this set with this sketch!!

    ReplyDelete