Friday, April 16, 2010

Daffodil And Hummingbird Birthday



Hello and Happy Friday!!! Here is another card by Mark's Finest Papers called Daffodil and Anise.

I totally love this set, not only because of the beautiful sayings in it, but because of the flowers themselves. Whenever I see daffodil's, I think of the American Cancer Society's annual Daffodil days fundraiser. It's near and dear to my heart having lost my own mother to breast cancer, my grandmother to a recurrence of breast & thyroid cancers, and my grandfather (who was my rock I could always turn to) to esophageal cancer.

I stamped my daffodil's twice on Mark's Finest Papers vanilla smooth paper in memento tuxedo black ink and then colored with prismacolor markers before cutting one out to pop up on dimensionals later. The hummingbird was also stamped on the same paper, colored and cut out as well. Taking the "Happy Birthday" stamp, I stamped my own background using Stampin Up! pacific pointe ink making sure to stamp at an angle across the whole card.


Once my layering was done, I decided to doodle around the daffodil before adding the brads and popped up image using a Stampin Up! black marker. Once my popped up images were added, some diamond ice stickles were added to highlight the daffodil a bit as though the morning dew was still on the flower. Unfortunately, you can't see the ice stickles well in the photo no matter how hard I tried to get them to show. A couple of SEI buttons that have been in my stash for years finished the card off just right.


Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Daffodils and Anise
Cardstock: Mark's Finest Papers Bang Up Blue, Vanilla Smooth
Ink: Stampin Up! Pacific Pointe, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Dimensionals, Prismacolor Markers, Diamond Ice Stickles, SEI Buttons, Thread, Glue Dots, Stampin Up! Black Marker, Making Memories Baby Brads

2 comments:

  1. Love the color and dimension. I ♥ daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely! your doodles are just perfect and such a nice detail!

    ReplyDelete