Monday, March 1, 2010

A Vespa For A Bunny


This weeks Wednesday Stamp Club challenge was to stamp Flopsey in all of his glory - in other words totally nekkid. You got it, no coloring, no markers, no watercoloring. However, we could paper piece Flopsey. So I figured if we could paper piece Flopsey, why not use fun flock too. I'm sorry but a bunny cannot be nekkid. I decided to pair him up with one of the soon to be released sets on March 3rd from MFT called Joy Ride.

If you've seen any of the teasers so far this week, you might remember Kim's secret desire to own, and eventually tootle around town on a pink vespa. So my flocked bunny is standing right next to Kim on her pink vespa selling flowers. ;) Since I'm also the Guest Designer this month and can't participate in the challenge here but thought it looked like a lot of fun, I pulled out my K&Co Life's Journey designer paper that had writing on it just like the challenge called for and I think it turned out pretty good.

I stamped Flopsey and my Joy Rider on MFT Perfect Panels in Memento Tuxedo black and colored with Prismacolor markers. The flowers I stamped on some scrap perfect panels, colored and cut out to add later once I was totally done. Once my main image was done being colored, I lightly sponged Stampin Up! soft sky and mauve mist inks around the edges of the image panel and the card itself before adding some Making Memories vintage brads I've had forever and a day in my stash. I then added some ribbon, primas, fun flock to Flopsey and Stampendous Class-a-peels to my flowers before popping up one set just above Flopsey's basket.


Here's a close up of the inside where I added some K&Co vintage postage looking sayings.



Stamps: MFT Joy Ride, Basket O Flopsey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Soft Sky, Mauve Mist
Cardstock: Vanilla, K&Co Life's Journey Designer Paper, MFT Perfect Panel,
Accessories: Ribbon, Prismacolor Markers, Stampendous Class-a-peels, Primas, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Fun Flock, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment