Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oriental Inspiration


Second post today. If you're looking for my Color Throwdown post, please scroll down.

It's been a while since I've done any of the SCS challenges, so I took a look at yesterday's inspiration challenge from the store Thymes. I went with one of the pre-uploaded favorites from the hostess since it reminded me of an oriental flavor, or look.

So I pulled out a stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers called Lady Serene and stamped it in memento tuxedo black on plain white cardstock. Pulling out my Prismacolor watercolor pencils and blender marker, I set to work and tried to keep the image as soft looking as possible to match the inspiration piece and my background paper as possible.

Once all the watercoloring was done, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around her before sponging sage shadow around the edges of the image panel and then the card itself before layering. Gold brads and pink organdy ribbon with gold trim finished everything off with the final touch being golden ice stickles added to the center of the flowers on the kimono (which you can't see in the picture).



Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Lady Serene
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, White, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Gold Embossed Mulberry Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Prismacolor Blender Marker, Gold Ice Stickles, Ribbon, Brads, Dimensional, Stipple Brush, Sponge,

No comments:

Post a Comment