Saturday, February 27, 2010

Candy Rattles!


Welcome everyone! Today the Design Team is previewing the set I Want Candy that is being released on March 3rd.


However, I'm going to show you a different side to the set. When I first saw the set, I noticed one of the suckers looked like a baby rattle.


I started out by stamping several "rattles" on MFT white perfect panels in memento tuxedo black and colored with prismacolor markers. Then I cut them out and adhered around the CONGRATS Alphadots popping up on dimentionals as needed.


After adding some ribbon around one of the rattles with a matching gem sticker in the center, I looked through my stash to take care of the empty spot in the top left corner. Sure enough I found some flocked teddy bears that were once part of my mom's crafting stuff that had been gifted to me when she passed away. After adding a stamped bow to the bears, my cards were done. Thanks mom!


Stamps: MFT I Want Candy, Alphadots

Cardstock: White, Stampin Up! Groovy Guava, Bashful Blue, Lilac, Die Cuts With A View Nana's Kids Mat Stack

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Danube Blue, Versamark Rose

Accessories: Bows, Prismacolor Markers, Gem Stickers, Dimensionals, Flocked Bears, Silk Flowers, Pop Up Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. these make fantastic rattles for a baby card. Fabulous idea Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie -- these are adorable!! Way to go thinking 'outside of the box' :). And very cool that your mom helped you out on these too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! LMAO Totally Cute Bonnie!!!! I SO remember those flocked bears, mine are LONG gone!!!!! I'm sure my Mom has hers still stashed away SOMEWHERE!!!

    Rattles/Suckers, it all works to shut the kids up right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea Bonnie! Your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea Bonnie, you are da bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet! i love the rattles & the bears-these are sure to bring big smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards Bonnie! Such a great idea to make the lollipops into baby rattles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to think outside the box, Bonnie!!! I'd have NEVER thought to do that. These are just too cute!! I'm so happy to have you join us this month!! Rock on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and creative way to use this set!

    ReplyDelete