Friday, November 20, 2009

Think Snow!


Hello again. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but I've been fighting a blasted sinus infection and it's just not going away. Definitely causing problems with my stamping life and sapping my energy.

The project I have today is one I made for my secret sister's reveal gift and just had a blast making. I used a stamp set from My Favorite Things called Cool Yule. The set is just too cute with a little polar bear, penguin, cardinal, ice cube, and a frozen pond with some sentiments.

First, I stamped the polar bear on MFT Perfect Panels for the card, masked, and then created snowbanks behind him before coloring with Prismacolor markers and stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges then layering. To make my snow banks I tore a piece of scratch paper and lightly stippled Stampin Up! soft sky ink, moving the scrap paper around to keep the banks slightly irregular.

For the main layer of the card, I stamped the snowflakes from MFT's Baby It's Cold Outside in Versamark Aquatic Splash, again stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue around the side lightly before adding a ruffled ribbon and some bling to the centers of the snowflakes. The main image panel is then popped up on dimensionals with diamond ice stickles highlighting portions of the ice for added sparkle.
For the altered calendar I made, I stamped the images again in memento ink, masked, and then stippled the snowbanks just like the card before coloring the images. Since I was placing these images into a plastic sleeve, I decided against any bling or sparkle so the plastic didn't tear.
Both of these projects didn't take hardly any time at all to make, and the calendar would make a great stocking stuffer or Christmas gift for someone as well with the holidays approaching.
Stamps: MFT Cool Yule, Baby It's Cold Outside
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Soft Sky, Versamark Aquatic Splash
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, MFT SnoCone, MFT Perfect Panels, White
Accessories: Calendar, Prismacolor Markers, MFT Santa Bitty Brads, Dimensionals, Stipple Brush, Ribbon, Bling, Ice Stickles

1 comment: