Friday, October 9, 2009

Sketch Challenge 100


Happy Friday! The week is almost over. Here is another one from the archives featuring My Favorite Things sketch challenge 100. Can you believe 100 sketches since MFT became a Member Company of Splitcoast? Wow!

My card features the stamp set from the July My Favorite Kit, Just Add Color called On The Pier which was released as a mini set yesterday for $9.00.

My image is stamped in memento black on MFT perfect panels and colored with prismacolor markers with Stampin Up! brocade blue dye ink sponged below the pier to add a bit more depth to the "water". The paper ribbon is from K & Company and is more of a paper "sticker" than ribbon. After I dry embossed the creamy caramel layer, I sponged the same color ink over it to also give more depth to the layer as well as sponging the brocade blue around the edges of the card.


On the inside of the card is some more of the silk bridal confetti I found at Michaels last year. What I don't understand is why would someone want to use such lovely silk shells to decorate a table & then throw them away when they could adorn a card, framed piece, wreath, or other household item forever. It just doesn't make sense to me to use them as "confetti". What a waste.

Stamps: MFT On The Pier
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Brocade Blue, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Apricot Appeal, MFT Perfect Panels
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel & Brocade Blue
Accessories: Silk Bridal Confetti, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Distressing Tool, Brads, Prismacolor Markers, Pearl Stickers, K&Company Paper Ribbon, Sponges

1 comment:

  1. This card is a real work of art, Bonnie! I love your silk confetti idea for the inside!

    ReplyDelete