Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mr Roboto & Chocolate


Hello. Let me introduce you to Mr. Roboto one of MFT's Kit of the Month. With the kits, you get an unreleased stamp set, ribbon, MFT's Perfect Panels, Bitty Baby Brads, and pre-folded cardstock. This month a specially designed digital paper was also included. All that was missing was color and imagination.

I had so much fun making my card and matching tin. I kept thinking about my robot being in love and wanting to give his true love some chocolate even though it's Halloween.

So, I started by stamping my robot in memento tuxedo black twice on MFT's Perfect Panels so I could cut one of the robots out later. Then I colored both robots with prismacolor markers before lightly stippling Stampin Up! soft sky dye ink around the edges of one robot. Once I cut out the second robot, I added some of the metallic bitty baby brads to the center of his belly and forehead; kind of making him look like The Tin Man from Wizard Of Oz. Then I popped him up on mini pop dots before adding more brads to the corners of the panel. Since the card is a trifolding one, I added a small Velcro sticker under one of the flaps to help keep it closed.

Here's a close up of Mr. Roboto. The layer he's "on" is helping cover up the Velcro sticker as well so it's not noticeable until you open the card.

Once the outside of my card was done, I decided I needed to work on my tin and the chocolate. Taking strips of digital paper and Stampin Up basic black, I made a "slip cover" for each piece of chocolate going inside the tin and one for the tin itself before tying some of the gorgeous ribbon around the tin itself.

Below is a close-up of the tin.



So since I had already toyed with the idea of Mr. Roboto having a girlfriend to give the chocolate to, I had to make something to go inside the card. Taking a Stampin Up! silver lined tag from a box of embellies from a friend of mine, I stamped my robot again in memento ink on a scrap piece of MFT perfect panel and colored with pink prismacolor markers, cut out and using mini glue dots added "her" inside the "picture frame". Then I stamped the heart in memento rose ink around the picture for character before adding the saying as shown below.

Seriously, if you haven't tried MFT's Kits Just Add Color, you really need to since they are a blast!


Stamps: Mr Roboto
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rose, Stampin Up Soft Sky
Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Black,
Going Grey, MFT Digital Paper
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Prismacolor Markers, Vellum Tag, Velcro Sticker, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment