Saturday, September 12, 2009

MFT Sketch Challenge98


Can you believe it's time for another weekly MFT sketch challenge? It's been a while since I've done one, so I'll have to be playing catch up to try and get as many done before the 100th sketch is posted. However, for this week's sketch, I got it done early.

I decided to use Annie LaPointe's Sow Seeds Of Love for the sketch. I love pansies, not to mention purple, so it's a perfect combo for me. First, I stamped my image in memento tuxedo black and colored it with prismacolor markers before layering. Then I decided to pull out my dusty sizzix machine (yes the old red one) and use my cuttlebug floral screen background embossing folder in it. Once my lavender lace layer was embossed, I rubbed some purple memento ink over the cardstock to highlight the embossing.

Once that was dry, I added the ribbon (held down with glue dots) and the primas I had found at Michaels on clearance using a MFT jewel brad in the center. I cut the saying that came with the set apart so I could use it anywhere I wanted, so I stamped it on a punched out circle with Stampin Up! almost amehyst ink stippled around the edges.

Stamps: MFT Sow Seeds Of Love
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Elegant Eggplant, MFT Perfect Panels, Almost Amehyst Scrap, Lavender Lace, Pixie Pink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Almost Amehyst, Memento Grape Jelly
Accessories: Stipple Brush, Circle Punch, Primas, Jewel Brad, Bitty Brads, Glue Dots, Prismacolor Markers, Sizzix, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment