Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mazel Tov!


A friend of mine son is having his Bar Mitzvah today and I wanted to send him a card to celebrate the occasion.

Thank goodness Papertrey Ink came out with the Mazel Tov set. This way, I could create a card I felt was worthy for the occasion; especially since there are not many stamps out there with Jewish symbols or sayings. Thank you Nichole!

For my color combo, I decided to just copy the invitation or red, black, and gold. I started out by stamping my background in Memento Tuxedo black on Stampin Up! riding hood red cardstock using the Mazel Tov! saying and the Torah scroll before adding a layer across the middle of Stampin Up! black and riding hood red cardstock. Then I stamped my saying on the riding hood red cardstock scrap, layered on a black cardstock scrap, and outlined the black with a Pentel ziggy gold paint pen before layering. For the Torah scroll, I stamped that twice in Memento ink and cut one layer out to pop up on dimensionals, again layering on black and outlining with the gold paint pen. For a final touch, I wrapped gold cording around the center of the card before tying it off.



Close up of the Torah scroll.






















Close up of the saying.







A clean, simple, masculine card for a teenage boy. Mazel Tov! Robbie. Enjoy your day.

Stamps: PTI Mazel Tov
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red, Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Pentel Gold Paint Pen, Gold Cording, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment