Monday, September 14, 2009

From The Archives - Framed Light Of Peace


Framed home decor is normally not one of my specialties. I was just playing around one day with Cornish Heritage Farms Thomas Kincade's Light Of Peace and my new (at the time) Prismacolor markers, when I decided to try framing one of the images I was coloring.

So, after stamping the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloring with Prismacolor markers, I found one of my $2 special antique looking frames from Walmart and lined up the lighthouse scene inside the matte opening and taping it down. After re-assembling the frame, I found it actually looked pretty good. I mean, not art gallery quality, but not too bad either especially for using alcohol markers for the first time too.

I ended up giving the framed Light of Peace to one of my nuclear technologists that was leaving and moving back east. She really seemed to appreciate it too.


How about using framed stamped images for holiday presents? Or what about birthday or anniversary presents?

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms Thomas Kincade Light of Peace
Cardstock: White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Walmart Frame

1 comment:

  1. do you work with nuclear technologists or just hang with them? what the heck do you do?
    my co-workers have titles like "clerk".

    ReplyDelete