Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friendship Has It's Perks!


Friendship sure does have some very special perks and java is definitely one of them. I love this set from My Favorite Things called Coffee? Tea? and it was perfect for this week's My Favorite Challenge. This week we had to use metal somewhere on our card or project. No sweat!


I started by stamping my image onto MFT Perfect Panels with memento tuxedo black ink and coloring with prismacolor markers before layering. Since I had some of the bitty brads left from my August Just Add Color kit I used the silver ones in the corner; so there's my metal...check! Now, I also had some Colorbook metal stickers I had found in the Michaels $1 aisle during the spring so I pulled out the "friends" sticker to use as part of my saying, and masked off the rest of the saying before stamping it (as seen below). Now I have two sets of metal on the card...double check! Yet, something seemed to be missing. Oh yes, ribbon!! A Jody favorite!


So, I pulled out my coffee/tea ribbon from MFT and tied it around my card between the image and saying to finish it off. Perfect, right? No! It still wasn't right. Something was still missing! Flowers!! That's what's missing. So I start to dig through all of my primas, telling my husband that I don't have enough primas to finish my projects off with only to have an ugly grunt in the background come my way. Now what do you suppose that was for? When I ask him about that, he says "You don't have enough flowers? You have more flowers than Michael's does". That, my friends is a definite exageration. If I had more flowers than Michaels I couldn't live in the house AND I would have enough to finish my project. After digging, and digging through my stash, I finally found a set of primas I had received from a secret sister a year or so ago that were embossed. The only thing they needed to have was a bitty brad in the center as seen below.



Close up of saying.



















Close up of image detail.
















Just remember, friendship has it's perks and it's more than just coffee or tea.


Stamps: MFT Coffee? Tea?
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cocoa
Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Primas, Prismacolor Markers, Bitty Brads, Ribbon, Stampin Up! Word Window Punch, Colorbook Word Sticker, Glue Dots, Mini Pop Dots

1 comment: