Friday, September 11, 2009

Cobblestone Bridge Compare And Contrast


Hello. Two more Thomas Kincade cards from the archives called Cobblestone Bridge from Cornish Heritage Farms Thomas Kincade series.

The card on the left I stamped in Pallet Noir on watercolor paper and then water colored using Stampin Up!'s Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I love to watercolor the Thomas Kincade images because they tend to look more like a mini painting then a stamped image. For this particular one, in order to make it look a bit more "rustic" I stippled some Tim Holtz tea stain distress ink over the image once I was done water coloring. Adding punched photo corners with vintage brass brads only helped add to the "rustic" look I was trying to achieve.


Now for a contrasting look, try stamping in white on black paper. I've been wanting to see if I could make this village look like it was covered with snow and this is the closest I could come. I totally love the effect though.

The Cobblestone Bridge village is stamped in Pallet Canvas White on Stampin Up! basic black paper before being layered on silver designer paper. A clean and simple card with the wow factor already tied in.


Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms Thomas Kincade Cobblestone Bridge
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Black, Always Artichoke, Brilliant Blue, Watercolor Paper, Silver Designer Paper
Ink: Pallet Canvas White, Pallet Noir, Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink
Accessories: Stampin Up! Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter, Stampin Up! Photo Corners Punch, Vintage Brass Brads, Dimensionals, Stipple Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment