Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kim's Boutique


Welcome once again. I know it's been a while since I've blogged. Going back to work after being off for three months interferes with stamping way too much.

Last month MFT came out with the My Favorite Kits, Just Add Color so our gracious forum hostess Kim, allowed the design team to give us junkies another challenge. Smileys The new monthly MFT Kit Challenge comes out the third Wednesday of the month and will end the at 10:00am the day before the new monthly release.


For my entry this month, I took the August kit and wanted to make it look like my shopper was walking by a store window or had just come out of the boutique from purse shopping. Now who better to have as a proprietor than our own MFT Lady herself, Kim!


I started off by stamping my box with my buddy Dawn's stamp set Damask Designs in PTI pure poppy for the background. Hmmm, wonder if the boutique has a long line to get into it too? **snicker** Now there's an inside joke in the MFT forum with the junkies, because at CHA the MFT DT kept going back to the PTI CHA booth to do some shopping and from what I understand the line to get in was very, very, very long....like an hour long.


I then stamped my shopper twice on MFT panels in memento black so I could cut out one shopper later and pop up on dimensionals and teeny tiny pop dots. I also stamped the purses from Totally Fantastic, and awning from Meet Me At The Cafe on MFT perfect panels in memento black then colored everything with prismacolor markers & cute out what I needed to so I could create my little scene.


Here's a close up of all of the dimension.


The tiny mini brads & ribbon also come with the August kit. The letters are from a Target $1 stamp set. This kit, or something like it, would be perfect for a teen/wife/girlfriend birthday to put a gift card in, or some small items for a purse.


I'm looking forward to using the rest of my kit.


Stamps: MFT August Kit, Totally Fantastic, Putting On The Glitz, Meet Me At The Cafe, PTI Damask Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Pure Poppy
Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Black, MFT Kit
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Mini Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. that came out great, it really does look like she's walking down the street.
    Something was wonky with my google reader, I signed up as a follower a long time ago but it never went into my reader. I thought I fixed it but until today I didn't realize you still weren't popping up. Well, Now I'm here, so beware.

    ReplyDelete