Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Favorite Challenge - Week 8


Hello and welcome to week 8 of the My Favorite Challenges. This week we were supposed to de-stress! Oh, excuse me...distress, texture, emboss, whatever, our cards, scrapbook pages, projects, etc, etc. I'd rather do the de-stressing end of it personally. ;)

Seriously though I had found this really cool paper at Costco from My Minds Eye and wanted to use it somehow so I let the paper choose the colors & my stamp set for me. Since the background paper sort of looked like there were sunflowers in it and looked like fall stuff, I pulled out a set that sorely needed to see some ink, Stephanie Fizer's We're Not Scared. Gotta love those cute little owls!

I started by stamping everything in memento ink on MFT's perfect panels and coloring with prismacolor markers and then cutting the owls out. After layering the image on a dusty durango panel, I took my distressing tool and ran it along the sides to "rough it up" a bit and then popped it up on dimensionals. Then I decided to stipple some Tim Holtz distress inks (old paper & tea stain) to age the paper a few years before adding some twill ribbon that Kim has just got to keep in stock across the middle of the card. After adding some brads to hold it in place, I pulled out the edges of the twill to "rough" that up a bit too.



Here's the close up of the scare crow and the owls.




Stamps: MFT We're Not Scared, Essential Sentiments
Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, MFT Perfect Panels, My Minds Eye
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Old Paper & Tea Stain Distress Inks, Dusty Durango Dye Ink
Accessories: Twill Ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Pop Dots, Brads, Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Distressing Tool, Mini Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Really like how you did this! Love the popped owls and the distressing. The ribbon really looks like dried hay on the edges!

    ReplyDelete