Friday, July 24, 2009

Christmas In July!


"It's beginning to look like Christmas, Everywhere you go....."

Can you just hear the music? Can you just feel the chill in the air? Ok, so we have to wait a few more months for the chill in the air, however, it's never too early to get started on Christmas cards.

I've joined the SCS Christmas Card challenges every year, but this year I'm about three months behind. So these cards are technically my cards for the April Challenge. I colored these images while my husband was in the hospital in late May from a broken ankle and just took forever to assemble the cards. The images are from Stampendous, markers from Stampin Up! and Close To My Heart.
For the penguin card, I also used some Queen & Company Felt Fusion I found in my stash that's been buried for a long while as well as the snowflake brads. It's amazing what I find when I start digging around in that stash from time to time.


For my kitty card (I so love this image), the designer paper is from the Michaels $1 bins! Can you believe it? A pack of yummy paper for $1!!! It's so rich looking and definitely well worth the price especially since it's Karen Foster paper too. I also wrapped some gold cord around the image before adding the brads and popping it up on dimensionals.

Stamps: Stampendous, Rubber Stampede

Cardstock: White, Elegant Eggplant, Handsome Hunter, Bashful Blue, Karen Foster Designer Paper, Stampin Up Designer Paper

Ink: Black

Accessories: Felt Fusion, Brads, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Markers, Cord, Brads

1 comment:

  1. I have that kitty stamp, too! It made me LOL in the store when I saw it! These cards are awesome--and I can't believe that paper was $1!!!
    Don't you just love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete