Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We Love Rock N Roll



I may be dating myself here, but I grew up listening to Joan Jett & the Blackhearts song I Love Rock N Roll. Can't you just see these girls playing that?


They are part of My Favorite Things newest release by artist Stephanie Fizer. This weeks My Favorite Challenge was to use three different types of designer paper; not a problem if you have a lot of designer paper lying around or a lot of designer paper scraps like I do. :) So I pulled out my box, and gallon baggie, of scraps to see which ones would match up with each other and look cute as little girls dresses since I was planning on paper piecing the dresses instead of coloring. Halfway through my project I ran into a slight problem. Since the girls were being stamped on scrap cardstock and being popped up on mini pop dots, that meant I either had to paper piece the dresses twice, or color the bottom layer. Do you know how hard it is to match markers up to designer paper? Very hard. However, it can be done. A very slow process, but it can be done.


Once all of my coloring, and paper piecing was done, it was time to pop up my musicians and add a little background color. The bottom picture shows the dimension.





After stippling some Stampin Up creamy caramel and close to cocoa dye ink for a stage, I added soft sky for a light "curtain" effect the spritzed a Stampin Up! rose red marker to add a "light show" effect around the girls.


Stamps: MFT: The Poppies

Ink: SU Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, Close To Cocoa, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Stipple Brushes, Mini Pop Dots, Post It Notes, Prismacolor Markers & Blender Marker

Cardstock: SU Brocade Blue, White, Designer Paper Scraps

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie this is just adorable! Great job. I also {heart} Joan Jet's "I Love Rock & Roll!....put another dime in the jukebox, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Joan J.! I love that song, too. What an adorable card, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete