Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Favorite Challenge

Now that the My Favorite Idol contest is over, let's first say congrats to Mrs. Mac for winning the $250 in MFT money!! Can you say shopping!!! Yippee!! Everyone had so much fun with the Idol contest, including the judges, that Kim & the DT didn't want it to end so they have created the weekly My Favorite Challenge to take over here on SCS for everyone to enter and win more MFT prizes. Kim, you're the bestest ever!!

This week's challenge is to use the new Chalk Board Easel template that you can download for free here. Once I downloaded my template, I got started. A lot of the MFT Junkies were teasing fellow Junkie KelliJo about making a tent out of her template, so I figured I couldn't join the teasing if I didn't at least try the same thing. I traced my template onto creamy caramel cardstock since the last tent my family and I had gone camping in was a dirty kind of brown, stippled some caramel & artichoke ink on it and then assembled it. Once that was done, it was time to start stamping the images.


I stamped several of the trees from MFT's Nature Calls set in Papertrey's dark chocolate and new leaf inks, colored the trunks with a prismacolor marker, and then flipped them over recolored the trunk on the backside and stippled Stampin Up! always artichoke on the back of the tree. This way no matter what side of the tent you looked on you saw an evergreen tree; front & back. Once I had all of my images colored and cut out it was time to start adhering them to the tent.

First, I decided there needed to a "forest background" for my camper. Now what forest doesn't have a squirrel, so I added a ground squirrel.


Next, I added the moose so he wasn't running around loose somewhere. :)



On the other side, is my fox and raccoon with another tree. (Side note: no matter how many times I tried the freakin pic would not upload to the blog correctly. Don't we just love technology. *rolls eyes*)


Finally, I needed to add my camper and another tree. However, there was still something missing. Oh, I know....smores!!! You can't have a camp out without smores. There was only one problem though. MFT's Nature Calls set doesn't have a campfire, so I had to cheat and pull out my retired Stampin Up! set Happy Camper so I could have my campfire for my smores. I popped up the campfire on All Night Media pop dots and dimensionals as well as MFT's Who's That Girl. The bottom picture shows the dimension.




Looks like Who's That Girl is being a bad camper and is leaving a campfire unattended. Hopefully, there was someone inside that tent minding the fire. Don't tell my step-dad please. After 45yrs with the State of California's Cal Fire and playing Smokey Bear at several county fairs he'd have my hide for an unattended campfire. However, I got my smores. :)
Stamps: MFT: Nature Calls, Stampin Up! Happy Camper
Ink: Memento Black, Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, Stampin Up! Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, MFT Chalk Board Template, Glue Dots





3 comments:

  1. Now how cute is that? I ♥ smores so I won't tell the fire is unattended. ;-) Glad you found some time to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie - this is GREAT! What a fun fun project. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete