Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Damask Designs

I finally got my Papertrey Ink set Damask Designs inked up my friend Dawn designed. Since I'm still dealing with my month long migraine, I figured using the keep it simple method would be the best way to go.

I started out by inking the background stamp with Rasberry Fizz ink and I just love how the background came out!! Way too cool! Once I started stamping with Sweet Blush, I got the idea to use the big Damask flourish as the centerpiece, but cut out and popped up with bling. Using the direct to paper technique, I added some Rasberry Fizz to the sides of the card itself before adding the gem stickers and the metal faux brad stickers.




For my second card of the the night, I stamped the background flourish in Ocean Tides ink; then stamped one of the smaller flourishes in Sweet Blush. I'm in love with the Ocean Tides background look as well and will definitely be using that background again! Stamped the tulip twice on white cardstock and direct to papered Aqua Mist around the edges of one panel before popping up on All Night Medial pop dots. Cut out the second tulip and then popped it up on Stampin Up dimensionals.



I'm really happy with the way both of these cards turned out especially with how I've been feeling lately. My migraines have been getting worse and lasting longer for some reason. Thank goodness I see the neurologist on Monday for them. In the meantime, I'll keep myself occupied with stamping.

Happy Birthday Damask

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Damask Designs

Cardstock: Rasberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush

Ink: Rasberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Pop Dots, Gem Stickers, Metal "Faux Brad" Stickers

Wishing You Tulips & Birthdays

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Damask Designs, Wishing You, Handwritten Notes (inside)

Cardstock: Ocean Tides, White, Spring Rain, Sweet Blush

Ink: Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush, Memento Tuxedo Black, Aqua Mist, Plum Pudding

Accessories: Pop Dots, Dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment