Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Celebrate MFT Day!




On the 20th of every month, is Celebrate MFT day in the Splitcoast MFT forum. I'm a little late posting my project due to family issues, however, as far as I'm concerned every day should be a celebrate MFT day!

I wanted to have a book or journal to keep all of the masks I use for stamping projects without having to remake them all of the time; which can be a very time consuming process. So after finding a little garden journal in the Target $1 spot last weekend I got the idea of altering it to make my mask book.

I started off by stamping my new Flopsy Flowers image with memento tuxedo black ink and then coloring it with prismacolor markers. I'm in love with my prismacolor markers!!!! I then stippled a retired Stampin Up! ink around the image for the sky and then Stampin Up! Green Galore at the bottom to help accent the grass part of my image before layering. After adding some Making Memories brads I've had for some time, I then added some ribbon I found in the Michaels $1 spot. I just love how that ribbon looks like it's been "bunched up" to add some texture and dimension. The prima was found in Michaels clearance section as well. Now, since I knew I would be using my masking journal for several companies, I wanted to make sure the masks were separated and could be easily found. No problem!! Out came my Stampin Up! round tab punch that had been collecting dust to punch a bunch of tabs out of the scraps of card stock. I wrote the company initials on the tabs, added them to the book, and it was done. It took maybe 30 minutes max to make the whole thing. Easy as pie!

Stamps: MFT Flopsy Flowers, Walmart alphabet set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bliss Blue (retired), Green Galore
Card Stock: Pixie Pink, White, Pink Passion, Green Galore
Accessories: Stipple brushes, ribbon, mini glue dots, brads, prismacolor markers, prima flower, gem stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment